Every Electrical Engineer must have these skill if they want a successful carrier
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Management skills – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Knowledge of Drawing- Must be competent in studying SLD, Schematic drawings & detail drawings.
- Sound knowledge of Core subjects.
- Must aware of Electricity rules, IEEE Codes.
- Some basic knowledge about instruments, PLC, SCADA monitoring system.
- Should be aware of the latest development in Electrical field.
- Good communication skill.
Further skills shall depend on the industry the person whats to work. Like an Automation engineer must know about PLCs, SCADA, HMI, etc based systems and a power engineer or a substation engineer must have a very deep knowledge of power system.