There is no doubt that Mango is King of Fruits. Mango is very nutritious and has many benefits for health. For weak persons, it is like medicine.
It is said that the right time to consume mangoes is after rain.
Famous subcontinent poet Mirza Ghalib loved mangoes and his sentence about mangoes is very famous.
Galib said: ’’آم ہوں اور بہت سے ہوں ‘‘
In the subcontinent, People enjoy mango season and arrange “Mango parties” at their home.
It is also custom in Subcontinent that people give away “Mango boxes” as a gift.
In Pakistan, Punjab is no 1 and Sind is no 2 for producing Mangoes.
Chaunsa is number 1 in taste and sweetness.
Other famous Mangoes are Sindhri. One of the special branches of Sindhri is known as “Gulab” Mango. This mango was presented at the wedding party of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. That gift was sent by Govt of Pakistan.
There are 1000 kinds of local mangoes in Pakistan ,Zafran,Tarayam,Alfenso,Kesro,Dilpasand,Bhagalpuri,Laal Patta,Cluster,Sabzposh,Samar,Behshat,Fajri,
Mangoes are ready to come into the market from mid-May till the end of Jun.
- Pakistan produced almost 2 million metric tons worth of mangos The city of Multan is renowned for its production of mangoes
- Pakistan earns a handsome amount of foreign exchange by exporting Mangoes.
- UAE is a big market for Pakistani Mangoes.
- The Alphonso is also one of the most expensive varieties of mango, and is grown mainly in western India; notably in Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri and Raigad districts and in the Konkan region of Maharashtra, India. .Alphonso mango considered to be among the most superior varieties of the fruit in terms of sweetness, richness, and flavor.
- The Carabao mango, also known as the Philippine mango or Manila mango. The mango variety was listed as the sweetest in the world by the 1995 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records.
- India is the world’s largest producer of mangoes, for close to 50 percent of the world’s output.
- China comes as the second country with the largest mango production in the world. Mango is a very popular fruit in China.
Commercial production of mango in the United States is limited. The areas in the United States that can successfully grow mangoes are California, Hawaii, Florida, and Puerto Rico, Florida is the largest producer of mangoes in the United States.