Difference Between Neutral and Earth | Electrical Engineering Facts
Neutral Vs Earth
- Neutral is the normal ” return ” wire.
- In systems where the load is supplied from only one Hot (or “Live”) wire, the Neutral completes the circuit and carries current back from the load to the power station.
- Neutral is a conductor that carries current in normal operation.
- Neutral represents a reference point within an electrical distribution system.
- Earth or Ground wire is a safety protective wire for the human body and electrical equipment from fault conditions.
- Earth is a conductor that carries no current in normal operation.
- Earth is a conductor that carries current under fault conditions such as insulation breakdown that occurs within electrical equipment.