iOS 11 introduces ARKit, a new framework that allows you to easily create unparalleled augmented reality experiences for iPhone and iPad. By blending digital objects and information with the environment around you, ARKit takes apps beyond the screen, freeing them to interact with the real world in entirely new ways.
By blending digital objects and information with the environment around you, ARKit takes apps beyond the screen, freeing them to interact with the real world in entirely new ways.
Cool things you could do with ARKit:
#1 Make a measuring app to measure object in REAL TIME:
#2 Tag all important parts for diagnostics:
#3 Make an app for Furniture shops to look how your sofa would look in your room:
#4 Or even check how your new car may look in your lawn 😀
#5 You may also make a cool game to invite some Real zombie guests in your home for free
#6 Combining machine learning and ARKit is also trending nowadays
Official Apple website :
- ARBrush – Quick demo of 3d drawing in ARKit using metal + SceneKit
- ARuler – ARKit demo ruler app
- Apple ARKit example app – Apple ARKit example app
- ARKit-FloorIsLava – Basic ARKit example that detects planes and makes them lava.
- ARKit-line-drawing – Changed the default ARKit project to draw a line where the camera is positioned
- ARKit-tictactoe – ARKit based tic-tac-toe with a decent AI opponent
- ARShooter – A basic Augmented Reality shooter made with ARKit in Swift (iOS 11)
- CoreML-in-ARKit – Simple project to detect objects and display 3D labels above them in AR.
- ARPaint – Draw with bare fingers in the air using ARKit
- arkit-smb-homage – This project is a homage to Super Mario Bros.
- ARShellGame – Augmented Reality Shell game made with ARKit and SceneKit.
- Occlusion – “Tracking” vertical planes and occluding virtual objects with real world geometry.
- ARKit-Sample-ObjC – Sample ARKit Objective-C implementation with features of Add, Remove, Scale, Move single or multiple objects along with plane detection.
- ARBalloons – Sample ARKit Demo using SpriteKit to simulate balloons????
- cARd – Simple demo of animated card made with ARKit + SceneKit.
- FaceRecognition-in-ARKit – Detects faces using the Vision-API and runs the extracted face through a CoreML-model to identiy the specific persons.
- pARtfolio – Rosberry Portfolio app made with Apple ARKit.
- SceneKitVideoRecorder – Video and Audio recorder for ARKit projects.
- ARKit-Sampler – A collection of ARKit samples, including a custom rendering sample using Metal.
- Measure – Using ARKit to make calculate distance of real world objects